From meticulously kept gardens to stunning interiors, Il Pozzo exudes luxury and serenity inside and out. Take your pick of a wonderful variety of spaces for relaxing with a book, sipping a glass of Chianti or simply drinking in the magnificent landscape of the surrounding Tuscan countryside.
Guest Book“A most special time in a truly special place. Amazing views, fabulous accommodation and great staff.”The Mars / San Francisco / USA
Guest Book“Il Pozzo is simply stunning! What a fabulous location with such spectacular Tuscan views.”The Carlinos / London / UK
Nestled between the hills of the Crete Senesi and the gentle slopes of the Val d’Orcia National Park, a UNESCO world heritage site in the Province of Siena. Il Pozzo (Italian for “the well”) sits on 12-hectares of land with a small vineyard, over 200 olive trees and outstanding 360-degree views of Pienza and the surrounding Tuscan hills.
Il Pozzo dates back to the 18th century, and its stonework has been beautifully restored in keeping with traditional local architecture. Inside, majestic arches, beamed ceilings and terracotta tiles cement the feeling of an authentic Tuscan property. Blended with Il Pozzo’s many luxurious and contemporary fixtures and fittings, these features create a home of both comfort and character.
The impressive living/dining room is divided between: a living area with an original fireplace and comfy sofas; the dining area with a long wooden table, seating up to 18 people; and another smaller dining area for up to six people. And a fantastic, state-of-the-art kitchen gives the chef (or indeed any guests wishing to cook) all that is needed to prepare the most delectable dishes for small and large groups.
The current owners have just completed an extensive face lift of the property providing: 9 large, comfortable bedrooms (7 in the main house and 2 in the adjacent annex), all with luxury, en-suite bathrooms; 3 reception/dining areas, a large cinema/play room and a large, modern kitchen with double American-style fridge-freezers. Digital controlled heating/air-conditioning systems and high-speed internet are available in all areas.
There are 7 bedrooms in the main house and 2 bedrooms in the annex. Each bedroom is unique with stunning views of the valleys beyond. Most rooms have a private entrance or adjoining room and all have fireplaces, spacious built-in wardrobes and en-suite bathrooms. Luxuriously furnished with an elegant mix of antique and modern pieces, the rooms are finished with warm rugs and beautiful paintings. With high-speed wifi, wall-mounted plasma screen TVs and portable telephones, guests are ensured all the modern facilities together with the warm and cosy atmosphere expected of a traditional Tuscan home.
Main house: Ground floor
- Office area leading to cloakroom, fitted storage cupboards.
- Kitchen with 2 x American-style fridge/freezers, oven, microwave/oven, hob, Nespresso coffee maker.
- Dining area with table seating 12 guests which can be extended to seat 18.
- Smaller, antique dining table seating 6.
- Chilled wine cellar.
- Lounge area.
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, en-suite shower, fitted wardrobes; plasma-screen wall-mounted TV; air-conditioning and heating with digital control; door leading to outside patio with stunning views, guest toilet.
- TV room with surround-system, DVD and Playstation 4.
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, plasma-screen wall-mounted TV; en-suite shower; stairs to mezzanine area with single bed and fitted wardrobes; air-conditioning and heating with digital control, door leading to outside patio with stunning views.
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, en-suite shower; fitted wardrobes; plasma-screen wall-mounted TV; air-conditioning and heating with digital control.
Main house: First Floor
Stairs leading to:
- Bedroom 4: Sitting area with single sofa bed; plasma-screen TV; air-conditioning and heating with digital control; leading to double bedroom, en-suite shower.
- Bedroom 5: Double bed, en-suite bath and shower unit; wall-mounted plasma-screen TV; air-conditioning and heating with digital control.
- Bedroom 6: Sitting area with single sofa bed; wall-mounted plasma-screen TV; air-conditioning and heating with digital control; leading to double bedroom, en-suite shower, fitted wardrobes.
- Bedroom 7: Large sitting area with double sofa, writing table and chair; wall-mounted plasma-screen TV; air-conditioning and heating with digital control; leading to double bedroom, luxurious en-suite bath and separate shower unit finished in white Travertine stone.
- Large sitting area with double sofa, writing table and chair; wall-mounted plasma-screen TV; air-conditioning and heating with digital control.
- Bedroom 8: Double bedroom which can be separated from living area by sliding door; en-suite shower.
- Bedroom 9: Double bedroom; en-suite shower.
- Alarm system in main house and in annex linked to responsive security team.
- Digitally controlled air-conditioning/heating in all areas.
- Heated swimming pool.
- High-speed wi-fi.
- Plasma TVs in all rooms.
- SKY satellite TV in sitting room.
- Cordless telephones in all rooms.
- PlayStation 4.
- Library of films on DVD and on hard-drive.
- Microwave oven.
- Nespresso and American style coffee machines.
- Toaster and toasted sandwich maker.
- Temperature-controlled wine cellar.
- Outdoor kitchen area with gas barbecue and fridge.
- Utility room with washing machine, dryer and ironing board.
- Indoor and outdoor seated dining for up to 18 guests.
- Fresh flowers throughout stay.
- Luxury bathroom products.
- Maid service: four hours daily, six days per week.
- Mid-week change of bed linen, bath and pool towels.
- Final cleaning.
- Continental breakfast service, six days per week.*
- Chef service: One meal per day (lunch or dinner) for six days per week (excluding Sundays).*
- Air-conditioning and central heating.
- Cost of utilities (water, gas and electricity).
- Wireless broadband internet (up to 20GB per week). Please be advised that due to the rural Tuscan location and satellite link the internet connection might on occasion be intermittent or slow.
* For all meals, cost of food and beverages plus service charge to cover shopping time is payable locally in cash (Euros only).
- Private five-a-side football pitch.
- Outdoor playhouse with slide.
- Swings and see-saw.
Il Pozzo is a fully-serviced villa whose excellent staff will ensure that you enjoy your stay without having to worry about anything!
Luxurious bed linen, towels, bath robes, bathroom products and fresh flowers all ensure that you are assured of a five-star service during your stay.
The house manager will welcome guests on arrival and can provide a “concierge service” including but not limited to organising restaurant bookings, intimate wine and pecorino factory tours, sightseeing and shopping trips, mountain biking, horse riding and spa (terme) visits. Grocery shopping can be arranged prior to your arrival on request.
Other staff include a full-time caretaker (non-resident), housekeeper (four hours daily excluding Sunday), gardener and pool maintenance.
Dining options at Il Pozzo
Breakfast, light lunches and three or four-course dinners can be prepared and served by the villa’s superb staff. Our chef is highly reputed around the region and does his best to accommodate a variety of dietary requirements whilst producing sumptuous meals to the highest standard. Sample menus of Tuscan delights or if preferred, more international cuisine are available and we recommend that choices are made at least 24 hours in advance to allow the best ingredients to be obtained.
A sumptuous BBQ menu including vegetarian options can be prepared and served by the pool.
Cookery classes can be organised for guests in our kitchen where there is plenty of room for those who wish to get wrist-deep in pasta dough and other local ingredients whilst learning to prepare delicious Tuscan meals.
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping: €50 (up to eight guests); €75 (up to 18 guests) plus cost of items.
- Wine list (cost available on request).
- Additional housekeeping service to prepare light lunch or dinner; lay and clear tables etc (€20 per hour).
- Laundry service (€20 per hour).
- Babysitting (€20 per hour).
- In-house massage (cost available on request).
- Pool heating (€30 per day).
- Transfer from Florence or Rome Airports to the Villa (cost available on request).
Il Pozzo has it’s own helipad (prior notification is required by the authorities).